Auto Drive Hand Control Operation
- To recline the back of the chair, press button (S1) and hold until the back reaches the desired position. Then release the button.
- To bring the back of the chair to an upright position, press button (S2) and hold until the back reaches the desired position. Then release the button.
- To raise the foot rest and seat, press button (S3) and hold until the foot rest reaches the desired position. Then release the button.
- To lower the foot rest, seat, and lift the chair, press button (S4) and hold until the foot rest closes, then release the button. If you want to lift the chair, continue holding button until chair reaches the desired height. Then release the button.
- To lower the chair from a raised position, press button (S3) and hold until the chair reaches the floor. Then release the button. If you want to raise the footrest, continue holding the button until the footrest reaches the desired position. Then release the button. From the lifted position you can also press buttons (S5, S6, S8, or S9) and the chair will move to those positions.
- To close and lift the c hair from a reclined/seated position (footrest up, back down), press button (S10). If you want to bring the chair to a seated position, hold the button until the footrest closes, then release it. Press button (S2) to bring the the back the rest of the way up to seated position. If you want to close and lift the chair hold down (S10) until the chair stops. The motors will automatically shut off when the back closes and the chair reaches its highest position.
- Getting into your lift chair. While standing next to your chair, press button (S10) and raise the chair to a height you can sit against. This height will vary from person to persondepending on the individual's needs. Raise the chair high enough so you do not have to flop down into the chair. FLopping down into the chair will damage it and could cause personal injury. Press button (S3). As the chair continues downward adjust yourself into a position that is comfortable to you. Continue holding button until chair is in the seated position (chair firmly on the floor), then release the button. Continue operating the chair with buttons (S1) through (S9) until you reach your desired position.
- Getting out of your chair. Press button (S10) and raise the chair to a height that enables you to easily stasnd. Release the button. Return the chair to the seated position (chair firmly on the floor) after getting out of the chair so children, pets or obstructions do not get under the chair. Repeat step 7 when you want to sit down.
Note: The motors are set to shut off when they reach their fully extended or fully retracted position if the selected button is not released. If you should go past your desired position, select the button to bring you back to your desired position. You can repeat the process as often as you like.
Programming the Memory Buttons (SS, S9)
Using buttons (S1 - S4) move the chair to a position that suits your needs. Use the following procedure to program the (Mem1, Mem2) buttons:
- Press and hold the program (SP) button, the back light goes off while pressed.
- In about 3 seconds, the backlight will st art flashing (one flash).
- Within 5 seconds, press one of the memory buttons (S5, S9) to save the position. The back light will return to the non-flashing state when the position is stored.
If a programmable memory button is not pressed within 5 seconds, or a different button is pressed, then the programming sequence is aborted and you will need to repeat steps 1 through 3 above. You may reprogram the memory buttons as often as you like.